back-up lights

jc-mix

has anyone had any trouble with their back-up lights? i have a 94 xj and mine dont work and i cant figure out why, bulbs are good and the chilton manual doesnt help.

edited by: jc-mix, Feb 14, 2003 - 11:21 AM[addsig]

Toggle switch and a 50 watt or better off road light mounted on the back! I like to see where I am going even in reverse! Tug[addsig]

Mine work when they want to. I checked the harness, wires, bulbs all to no avail. I like the idea of having blinders for back ups maybe cut down on the high beaming from behind :-D :lol: :-D .......Bullet[addsig]

The backup light switch in the transmission might be the problem. I Had the same problem and replaced the switch. Mine work now but they're too dim :roll:. Therefore I like Tug's idea :-D .

-Nick[addsig]

I'm with Nick, check the switch, and also, if you bought it recently, be sure someone hasn't been "working" on a trailer hitch wiring project and inadvertently cut the wrong wires.[addsig]

it is usually the NSS on the transmission. most have found that simply cleaning the contacts on that will make the lights work. once you get that done, and the lights are still too dim, look to aftermarket lights. but, clean the NSS first because it also controls when your jeep can start (usually only in park and neutral, but once the contacts get dirty it won't start in any of them!) so, if your reverse contacts are dirty, guess what's next? :)

http://www.jeepin.com/features/nss/index.asp

edited by: dingus, Feb 15, 2003 - 09:58 AM[addsig]

Back