IPF 820H Headlight Replacements

mtbvert

Any one have any experience/stories about the IPF 820H Headlight replacements??
I have been looking at them and am thinking about getting them. One other thing, if
you have installed them, will i need to get the new wiring harness even if i only stick with the 55W/65W bulbs??

thanks for the help[addsig]

From all I have read you just have to change the plug for the new bulb, but keep your original wireing. No practial applacation on my part just research! Tug ;-) [addsig]

i put the IPF replacement lamps in about 3-4 months ago and love them. i went ahead and bought the IPF magic-j bulbs to go along with them... and they are incredible. you won't need the optional wiring harness with these either. the plugs are also identical to the stock plugs (if you've ever bought replacement headlights in an auto store... they are model 6054... and these are the same plug as that). they are a 55/60 watt bulb... but have the brightness of an 85/110. on top of that they glow either green or blue (your choice) for about 10 minutes when you turn them off. not really necessary or functional... but really cool. i shopped around quite a bit when i was looking for mine... and the best place around to purchase IPF stuff seems to be www.rocky-road.com - be sure to look there. good luck and i'd say to definitely go for it... a great upgrade![addsig]

Back