JGC 5.7 Hemi Transmission Problems Help!

lsam

I would really appreciate some mechanical advise on the predicament I'm in.
I just bought a used 2005 JCG 5.7 Hemi with 60k miles on it from a dealership (Kia not Jeep). The day I drove it off the lot red fluid (i think transmission fluid) started leaking from underneath the passenger side. I have a 3-month warranty with the dealer so I had them tow it back to their shop and fix it. Their Fix: an O-ring replacement. I then drove the jeep off the lot again and 2 days later it broke yet again. I was at a stop light and I went to press on the gas and the car wouldn't go anywhere. I rolled it to the side of the road and the same red fluid was spraying out of the same spot and smoke came out from under the hood. I then had it towed back to the dealership. The Kia dealer then took it to a Jeep Dealership to get it looked at. Long story short, the Kia dealer told me it was fixed again within a few hours after towing it but, when I called the Jeep Dealership (without Kia's permission) and spoke with the Jeep mechanic I asked did you check the transmission and he mentioned Kia didn't even tell him what had happen, so all they did was fix a radiator cap! The nice Jeep guy said he'd go over again just to double check and sure enough there were a ton of problems! The problems: Leaks in all the tubes, causing leakage in the transmission pan and rust. The mechanic said I had so much rust he recommed I drive it for a week to see if there are transmission problems. I said, no I'm not testing it to see if it breaks down again, what kind of problem solving technique is that?
I just signed the loan paperwork. Is this car a lemon? Is this car worth the $16000? Is this fixable or am I going to keep running into transmission problems? The Kia dealership is either not knowledgeable about a JGC and or they're trying to screw me. PLEASE advise. Thanks in advance.

If it's a NAG1 transmission the dealer should have replaced the transmission electrical connector lock housing . This has 2 o-rings that fixes the leak under the passenger side. The other area where the leak can occur is at the dipstick tube seal if not the trans. pan gasket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back