1993 Grand Cherokee missing/ lag ?

krazyness

Hello all,

I scoured the forms and i could not find a problem that was the exact same as mine. I have a 1993 Grand Cherokee 5.2L Automatic AWD. i just bought it and noticed that when driving sometimes not all the time it feels as the truck lags out or wind is blowing against me or like im pulling a small trailer type of jerking... but much lighter then that but only for a split second. the RPMs stay the same have 4 new tires. when i accelerate i don't really notice any missing. it also feels like the wheels are moving at slightly different speeds. if that makes sense no noise , no check engine lights when i run it i OD off i don't really notice it that bad. also the kick down cable is broke not sure if that has anything to do with it but it runs fine until i just cruise at one speed then it acts odd... Also i new to the jeep experience but with the AWD is the steering suppose to feel..... different for a lack of better word when going slow? almost feels like the front wheels are fighting each other and when i turn at slow speeds i feel it slow down and i have to give give it more gas to make it keep going. ... anyway i will stop this rant and see if anyone can help. I thank you all in advance.

P.S. the Front and Rear Differential was flushed and replaced about a year ago.. as well as new plugs and wires... so im told

Try manually downshifting one gear. If that helps, the lockup converter may be going out. A bottle of Lubeguard for Mopar trans MAY prolong it. Valvebody could also be sticking between gears and causing slippage.

I know on the 96 gc you have to have a operating kickdown cable and I would say the same for yours replace that then try it again see if it makes any difference.

Back