I need a light bar

pinaplebob

Ok I recieved my rack for the roof today..it's a Yakima Megawarrior with the extension. (It looks prefect on the roof) Anyway, I now need a light bar to put lights on the front. Anyone know of a cheap on, Or where I could find on, I'm having a lot of trouble finding one. I would mount it on the rack, but it's got a faring on it, And I would hate to drill into it. Thanks a lot.[addsig]

Drill it! hang stuff all over it! Use it like it owes you money and can't pay! Mount a shovel and axe on there. Big ol high lift jack rigth up there and lights all over the dang thing. It is a utility rack! Have a ball, want to borrow my drill bits? LMAO Tug :evil: [addsig]

Makes you wonder how much thought manufacturers actually put into their products. The factory Landrover roof rack has mounting for 4 lights. I guess Yakima sees one rack mounted on everything from Jeeps to mini vans to BMW's. If the fairing on that rack is plastic, I would think twice about drilling it to mount lights. Call whoever you bought it from and ask them how the heck you're suppposed to mount your lights. Maybe they have an addition kit you can buy for $65............[addsig]

i know Thule (yakima's number one competition) makes offroad lights for their load bars... i used to work at a bike store that sells Thule.[addsig]

I have a set of Yakima lockable tubular bars along with the factory set on the roof, I put everything and carry everthing up there...........Bullet[addsig]

Yakima sells the mounts for the rack to put the lights up there...but they are made for like little import lights. They look really weak, and not able to hold a big hela. I'm not going to drill thru the plasitic, I like how it looks up there. I've scene on the interenet twice now a light bar that mounts to the gutter mounts, That I would like to get. But I can't find it anywhere.[addsig]

Heres a pic of what It looks like now, Hope it works.

image-missing.png

edited by: pinaplebob, Feb 24, 2003 - 11:51 PM[addsig]

Back