Hi! Can you help me out? Evap Vent Solenoid

godzilla1

Can you tell me where the Evap Vent Solenoid is located on a 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo with a 4.0 engine?

Welcome to Jeepz.com

Attachments

• jeep-evap-location.gif
    jeep-evap-location.gif
    21.5 KB · Views: 78,845

Rear fender
Is it possible to drop down the assembly by removing some bolts rather than taking the entire bumper fascia off? I removed some pins from the fascia and can get in there from the wheel well and underneath but not sure if i can drop down the entire assembly by removing some bolts or not? Thanks Again!

80d65c04-1.gif

The EVAP canister is located behind the left-rear wheel (LOCATION, LDP / EVAP CANISTER). It is attached to a two-piece support bracket (TWO-PIECE SUPPORT BRACKET).
  1. Equipped With Rear Tow Hooks:</B> Remove tow hook support bar (2 bolts). This bar is located near the upper / rear support bracket bolt (#2) (SUPPORT BRACKET BOLT).
  2. Remove 1 support bracket brace bolt (TWO-PIECE SUPPORT BRACKET).
  3. Loosen, but do not remove 2 support bracket nuts (SUPPORT BRACKET NUTS).
  4. Remove upper/rear support bracket mounting bolt (SUPPORT BRACKET BOLT).
  5. Carefully lower support bracket assembly to gain access to vapor / vacuum lines. To prevent damage to lines, suspend bracket assembly with rope or string.
  6. Disconnect necessary vacuum / vapor lines at EVAP canister.
  7. Remove EVAP canister mounting bolt.
  8. Lift canister from support bracket (2 pins are used to align canister into support bracket)

My mechanic says that the solenoid in the rear near the evap canister is bad. Not the purge solenoid which is in the front but in the rear near the canister. Does anyone know what solenoid he is talking about? Is it in the leak detection pump? He says there is an electrical connector which goes to it, so it is not the vent solenoid which I have already replaced.

Back