Xj Half doors

XjShake

I've been looking at half doors and tube doors for my xj. I like both alot but I'm leaning more towards half doors due to the fact I can put cup holders in them. What its you guys opinions?

Got any photos of the half doors? I've seen full and tube, but I've never seen XJ half doors.

XjShake said:
I've been looking at half doors and tube doors for my xj. I like both alot but I'm leaning more towards half doors due to the fact I can put cup holders in them. What its you guys opinions?

I have seen half tube full and removable but on tube doors look good plus you could weld or attach cup holders to them

Messing with the doors on an XJ messes with the integrity of the body, in more than one way. Roof strength and frame stiffness/strength.
The "A" pillar is weak anyway, it really doesn't take much to flatten the roof from the end of the hood to the "B" pillar. The "B" pillar is fairly strong.
I've seen rollovers where the top of the door pops out of position and fails to add strength between the "A" pillar and the "B" pillar and that section of the roof caves in during a mild rollover.
How to say this simply, you take the doors off or install half doors, without a roll cage and I'm not riding with you.:shades:

Attachments

• images-4.jpeg
    images-4.jpeg
    7.9 KB · Views: 8,042
I kinda agree with mudderchuck, the doors are part of the chassis integrity, but if you stiffen the sub-frames you should not have a problem. I wheel with one guy who has half doors on this 2 dr cherokee, they are pretty hack but they work for him. I will look for a pic.

This MJ has been wheeled for about 4 years solid with out doors. you can see it obviously has been wheeled hard, has sub-frame stiffeners and believe it or not, up until about a couple months ago, the doors still closed and latched. Looked funny cause the doors were mint and the rest is well... not. (doors were put on for storage between wheeling trips.)

IMG_4023-1.jpg

thanks unfortunately this is what it looks like as of two days ago
IMG_4032-1.jpg

IMG_4042-1.jpg

IMG_4040-1.jpg

Unfotunately since there was never a cage put in, the body got so beat that when you sat in the drivers seat, half you shoulder was actually outside the cab, really became a safety issue so we removed pretty much everything. we are boat siding it, building a complete chassis for it out of 1.75 DOM, stretching the front 3" and 4 linking the rear. I can see if I can find a pic of it when it was bought.

I know its off the subject but could I swap my block and transfer case out of my 89 into a 99 cherokee h.o... I found a steal of a deal and wanted too ask you guys if it is possible to do that... I'm pretty sure of the answer just want confirmation... And another thing is Would my lift off a two door fit on a four door?

Ok that thing will be awesome when done... You just going to basically make a commando buggy?... Nice shop by the way

Here ya go

Nov 2005
IMG_1558-1.jpg

May 2007
4_19_05_08_6_37_06-1.jpg

Nov 2010
IMG_4023-1.jpg

Dec 2010
IMG_4033-1.jpg

Basically yes, it will be a buggy.

Its reverse creation at its finest lol.... That's what I'm good at... You guys must take some serious trails... I can't ever get anyone to go when mines running so I haven't got to see what she's got

I know its off the subject but could I swap my block and transfer case out of my 89 into a 99 cherokee h.o... I found a steal of a deal and wanted too ask you guys if it is possible to do that... I'm pretty sure of the answer just want confirmation... And another thing is Would my lift off a two door fit on a four door?

You can swap, but not worth going from an HO motor to a Renix motor, plus in most states you can not legally register a vehicle with a motor from an older vehicle swapped into a newer chassis.
The 2dr and 4dr suspensions are identical

Ok... Well the block is bad and the transfer case is bad... the body is in perfect condition along with the steering and all the works like blinkers dual diaphragm brake booster... My jeep runs good just alot of things need to be upgraded due to my lift and tires... The woman just wants it gone and I can get it for tge price the salvage yard would pay

transfer case is a dime a dozen, $100 for a good used 231 and be done. as for the motor, stick with the HO motor. try to find another motor from a 97-01 xj, it will keep your jeep ODBII compliant, plus you will not loose the power and torque.

or just get yours rebuilt.

My block wouldn't work with ho heads and intake?... The lady drove it over heated and so now it won't start... She said four wheel drive won't engage.. I'm just trying to not spend a ton of money cause I've poured money in to my 89 and I'm getting no were... So your saying all I could reuse its my lift and tires?

Unfortunately I dont the HO heads and intake will work with a non HO block, ive had a few conversations about this because I thought maybe I could simply put HO parts on my 4 liter but from what ive heard ya cant. If anybody else knows for sure id like to know as well lol

I'm pretty sure you can add long as you use the ho intake due to the pushrods.... Because you need the ho heads and intake for a 4.7 stroker

XjShake said:
I'm pretty sure you can add long as you use the ho intake due to the pushrods.... Because you need the ho heads and intake for a 4.7 stroker

We are talkin bout the 4.2 right if so you can put a newer head and manifolds on it and gain hp and torque seems like 30 and if you use the 96 newer intake its like 10 or 20 hp

You can put them on a 4.2... I was taken bout 4.0.... Feel free too correct me if I'm wrong I'm new to the whole jeep scene... I just recently switch from rice burners

Back