bypassing the can bus system????

Commando

Apparently, in order to get an aftermarket CD player in my 06 commander, i need to bypass the canbus system? Just got my Jeep commander back from an audio install company and they put my indash in and it worked.....but no sound!! I've been dealing with this for weeks, and I just want it done. After reading the very few threads, it appears i need to get a bypass for the can bus system because the aftermarket CD player cant tell the factory amp to turn on, which wont turn on the speakers. Someone please tell me what i need to do to get this working, i will appreciate it more than you know! By the way the commander is non navigation and non Boston acoustics.

Apparently, in order to get an aftermarket CD player in my 06 commander, i need to bypass the canbus system? Just got my Jeep commander back from an audio install company and they put my indash in and it worked.....but no sound!! I've been dealing with this for weeks, and I just want it done. After reading the very few threads, it appears i need to get a bypass for the can bus system because the aftermarket CD player cant tell the factory amp to turn on, which wont turn on the speakers. Someone please tell me what i need to do to get this working, i will appreciate it more than you know! By the way the commander is non navigation and non Boston acoustics.

There is no question I would be taking it back to the shop, They would fix it.:x

Ya you need the can interface kinda pricey but works slick. Avail most audio supply shops. If they installed your stereo they should know how to do it proper or not do it at all.

--------
Did you every get your system working? I just got a pioneer 3200bt radio with Nav installed in my 06 commander limited i had the wrong data harness because i bought the one for a non Boston acoustics sytem, but turned out my system did have a Boston Acoustic system the shop had the right harness for an extra $140.00 system works but to me i'm not liking the quality of the sound. Something is not sounding right so i don't know if the Amp is being tunrned on or not. So new to this. Plus i don't have the backup beep to mute the radio anymore. Had i known what i do now i would have keep the factory 6disc Sat radio in.

Back