1994 Jeep Cherokee shifting problems.

Elizabetta1462

Hi I'm new to the forum. I have a 1994 Jeep Cherokee Country Edition 4.0 4x4 with 260,000 miles on it. I have problem which I hope will not turn out to be a BIG problem. Last year 2010 we had several things on the Jeep replaced. Breaks, Clutch, Rear Diff, Tie rods etc..I took it to what I though was a good mechanic shop. Overhaul was done in October I assumed everything was in good working order. This past week the Breaks failed on my husband. Lucky for him he was near a Walt's Repair shop. The guy at Walt's said that the previous garage had damaged the breaks when replacing them and that is why they failed. Walt's replaced the breaks again and bled the breaks. Breaks work good now. But we have only had the car back for a day and now the Clutch is not wanting to go from 1st to 2nd or in reverse. Prior to the break incident they worked fine. The guy at Walt's did say that the break pedal was bent when my husband pushed in to engage the breaks. So my question is this.. Did something go wrong with the clutch when the breaks went out? or did Walt's mess something up in fixing the breaks? Problem is I have no more money to fix the issue is there anyone that can help me with this. I am afraid the clutch will go out now since this is what it was doing prior to us having the clutch replaced in fall of 2010. Do I have any legal recourse against other Shop that did shotty work? I have to have a car for medical reasons. This is my only car! Is there anyone in my area that can help. PLEASE HELP! THANKS!

Back