On board air compressor

RescueGreenXJ

Was interested in seeing how other folks had their air compressors stored/mounted in their rigs. Was curious to see some pics....I wasn't quite sure which to get and where to mount it. Want to be able to air up my tires...post those pics if you've got them....much appreciated....

I'm building mine into my roof rack. Got the tank mounted up front and the compressor mounted in a vented box. On the rack. I used two air susp aluminum tanks from a new grand Cherokee looks pretty sweet will take pics when I'm done

Why would you like to have it on board?
I find it more comfortable when I can take it with me.
Saar

yeah i have a little one that pumps tires and jumps cars, its electric and the charge lasts 4 months, i just throw it on the floor in the back seat and cover it with a cargo cover so it doesent slide around or ding up the interior, i think its almost better to go smaller with compressers

I run air tools with mine when we break on the trail.

Jester32 said:
I run air tools with mine when we break on the trail.

ahh, okay i see, i thought you might just need something to fill your tires up before you get back on the road

Power tools need a big tank. I have a 35 gallon compressor in my shop it will run em all day. On my jeep I can take 2 wheels off then it has to fill which is ok as it's usually one tire tgat has the problem.

I just picked up a York ac compressor that intend to convert to supply air. Have read a couple articles for help so just need to get rest of the parts and should have enough air to do all the stuff I need. Perhaps I can convince wide airlockers are next.

Back