P0194 fuel rail pressure sensor intermittent

idrthrbfishing

I have a 2000 jeep Cherokee with the 4.0 liter engine. I got the p0194 I can reset it and it will stay off until I let the truck sit overnight. If I jump in and start it it will tr the code if I reset it and turn the key on for two or three minutes it does not come in. Where is this sensor locatedor is this something I should just take to the mechanic to fix I trust him so I know he won't rip me off. The truck has 107 k and is driven daily it runs great and has no other issues thanks

I searched the database for that P0194 and is non existent for a 2000 XJ with a 4.0. The fuel rail on a 4.0 liter has no electrical sensor that can be monitored by the PCM , therefore will not have a fuel rail pressure sensor. There is such a part called a fuel rail damper that looks like a vacuum pot with a vacuum hose attached to it on the fuel rail. The fuel pressure regulator is located on the fuel pump module which also is the fuel filter attached on the top of the module. How did you come up with that DTC P0194?

I searched the database for that P0194 and is non existent for a 2000 XJ with a 4.0. The fuel rail on a 4.0 liter has no electrical sensor that can be monitored by the PCM , therefore will not have a fuel rail pressure sensor. There is such a part called a fuel rail damper that looks like a vacuum pot with a vacuum hose attached to it on the fuel rail. The fuel pressure regulator is located on the fuel pump module which also is the fuel filter attached on the top of the module. How did you come up with that DTC P0194?

When the check engine light came on I put my code reader on it. The first few times the code came up as "no codes" as I have a $30 reader I went to both autozone and advanced auto they both came up with the p0194 code but do not carry the part. Now every time I get in it will come in with tat code.
today I noticed a very high pitch whistle when I have my foot on the gas under load to maintain speed, like climbing a bridge or hill
thanks

Back