blinking clock

98 Jeep

I did a check on this but could not find anything. The clock below the heater, 2 buttons on the right to set it and it also says something like 2880 miles till checkup. Why does this thing keep blinking, been doing it for about 4 - 5 months. I still have the clock in the CD player but this thing is annoying, because I can always see it out of the corner of my eye. Is it run by a fuse or are we talking a short somewhere? I'll tell ya, it's always something.

I don't have any experience with this myself, but I did some research and came up with this:

You have to hold the "set" button while the time/date is displayed. Use the set button to change each section, then select to cycle through.

Hope this helps

I don't have any experience with this myself, but I did some research and came up with this:

Hope this helps
Thank you for answering but I have tried that, just keeps on blinking. I'm thinking it's broke and just cover it with something black so I can't c it anymore. Must b a jeep thing.

It's the VIC. You can hold both buttons down and then turn your key to the run position and that will place it into setup function. You want to use the Set button the change the display and when you want to go on, you press Select.

I've got a Service Manual in PDF format by chapter if you have an email address I'd be more than willing to share.

It's the VIC. You can hold both buttons down and then turn your key to the run position and that will place it into setup function. You want to use the Set button the change the display and when you want to go on, you press Select.

I've got a Service Manual in PDF format by chapter if you have an email address I'd be more than willing to share.
I do have a manual that came with the Jeep, and I finally after many times of trying, the trick was I wasn't holding the button in long enough. I thought once u pressed it things would start to blink, but I had to hold it in a good 10 seconds, let it go and a few seconds later it would change.
Thank you so much for offering to send the Manual, maybe if I read the one I have I would have seen you must hold the button for a longer period of time. Thanks much, don't know what I'd do without all of you. You all try to help me so much I really appreciate it. I have another problem but that can wait till tomorrow or another day.

Back