93 Grand Cherokee Pressure Hose Keeps Popping

buwie

Hi! I have a question I hope you guys can help me with. I have a 93 Grand Cherokee and about a month ago the pressure hose popped out of the power steering reservior. I tightened it and it lasted for about a week. I tightened it again and I barely got it out of my driveway before it popped out again. Is the issue my pressure hose or my power steering pump?

I need this vehicle to get to and from work and I've gotten prices on what the issue could be, but I just don't have the money to tow it to a shop to figure out the issue. Your help is very much appreciated.

Sounds like there might be a restriction on the reservoir. In theory, if the return line keeps popping out of its fitting with a clamp , that means the pressure is building up in the reservoir and restricting the flow. The return should be a low pressure and the high pressure side should have a compression type fitting on both ends. If the spool valve in the steering gear has an internal leak , this too would cause a high pressure on the low pressure side of the hydraulic system. Although this symptom would accompany a steering that wants to turn to one direction in a constant motion. In this situation, I would eliminate restrictions first by disconnecting the power steering lines and verify that there are no kinks, or large contamination in the lines. The pressure line should have a crimped in tuning valve that may accumulate large debris. This valve may or may not be easily seen by looking through the line. Just make sure there's flow. Also make sure there's no debris in the reservoir .

Back