instrument cluster not functioning

bert37

had trouble with the idle control valve on my 1996 jeep grand cherokee laredo 5.2 liter. found i wasn't getting any current to it. the wire's were good to the pcm.
Therefore I assumed, my problem was the pcm itself. I bought a rebuilt unit from a business in FL that specializes in rebuilding and re-flashing pcms. Here is the problem now. The jeep seems to run smoothly, but, the gauges including the speedometer,tachometer, and other gauges do not work. The dash lights do.
I sent my old computer back to this company. they rebuilt or reconditioned my
original one and sent it back. I installed it today and the same problem. The instrument cluster is non functional. Is their some fused link im missing whichmay have blown? i cannot find a fuse for this. What do you think may be my problem?:???:

Bert, i moved your post here so you can get a better response from our fellow members. Check all the fuses on under the hood and replace the ones that are faulty. Likewise on the fuse box in the interior cabin. If you don't find anything there, check the power and grounds to the cluster , also make sure the pins are not pulled out or the wires are chaffed.

Back