Help no power at ignition switch

DeanBray

I have a 1989 Jeep Wagoner Limited (XJ version basically a cherokee sport) that is having problems starting. I don't have any power at the ignition switch. I replaced the starter relay and a fusible link and reset the ECU. After resetting the ECU it started after 25 minutes. It started and ran good for about an hour and died again. I unhooked the battery and hooked it back up again resetting the ECU again and after 25 minutes had power at the ignition for a minute then nothing again. I have power everywhere but the ignition switch. Any ideas?

Had a similur problem on a 97 xj... Pull the starter relay and use a paper clip or something similur to jump the termals. When looking at it from the side of ur jeep it should be the top middle slot and the bottom middle slot. If it turns ur engine over then its something to do with the egnition switch itself. Check for bad grounds also.. if it is the ignition switch I know you can pick one up at maps for about 12 bucks and swap it urself. All you need is a steering wheel pulled that you can rent for free at auto zone

Back