wagoneer leaf springs delima

Gennybro

A friend of mine has this wagoneer and I am wondering what to do about the front leaf spring situation, Want to eliminate the front shackles but does not want to loose the lift that it gives. The shackles are prone to digging into the ground.
I got down and eyeballed it a little and I'm thinking that the leaf springs could be placed on top of the axle, looks to be enough clearence, may have to modify the sway bar. Need some advice on what to do and how much dollars and time it would take doing it ourselves. Thanks

Attachments

• wagoneer 003.JPG
    wagoneer 003.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 26
  • wagoneer 005.JPG
    wagoneer 005.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 22
  • wagoneer 006.JPG
    wagoneer 006.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 24

Spring under axle gives you a smoother more stable ride with less axle wrap.. if it were me IDE find some lift springs and put on shorter shackles. I don't know about the clearance for doing the flip but you need to make sure you get the pinion angle right and that your are a proficient welder. The perches are around 40-50 bucks I believe and would end up giving you 4-5 inches of lift.

Are you talking about doing a spring over axle on the Jeep? not to chase you away because IM soa and love it. Soa done right will cost you more than a good leaf under lift kit. SOA done right ride and are stable as the Jeep before the lift. Just do your homework if this is the route you are taking.

If your just planning on doing trails at lower speeds like under 25 mph soa totaly fine and should perform a little better ( for the exception of axle wrap) than under axle. But for high speed desert everyone who is serious will run spring under

Ok, cool thanks guys. love this site ,can always learn. Happy Easter everybody.

Back