98 jeep cherokee sport

RBREEVES

My jeep has a brand new battery,alternator checks out,yet it is still discharging,and now wont start.popped the clutch,got it going,and it died again.any suggestions????????????
:???:

Your PCM may not be regulating the alternator . You will need a scan tool to verify if the voltage regulator is working . The voltage regulator is inside the PCM .

Your most welcome . Also , use the search function in our forum , in the SEARCH TITLE AND POSTS , type 1998 jeep cherokee charging system . You should find a thread on another members 1998 jeep cherokee . On page one , look for a post from member SteelHeadz dated 7/31/2009 . You will find one other item I forgot to mention . It is the field connection on the back of the alternator. Please read through this thread thorough . When I replaced my alternator , I checked this too as it is part of properly diagnosing the charging system . Sorry I did not include in my first reply. Greg

Your most welcome . Also , use the search function in our forum , in the SEARCH TITLE AND POSTS , type 1998 jeep cherokee charging system . You should find a thread on another members 1998 jeep cherokee . On page one , look for a post from member SteelHeadz dated 7/31/2009 . You will find one other item I forgot to mention . It is the field connection on the back of the alternator. Please read through this thread thorough . When I replaced my alternator , I checked this too as it is part of properly diagnosing the charging system . Sorry I did not include in my first reply. Greg[/E]

OK.THANKS AGAIN.WILL TRY CHECKING THESE OUT.

Back