Help with lockers

93ZJ

I am thinking about adding lockers to my Grand Cherokee which has a Dana 35 axle and i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what kind i should get and how easy or hard they are to install.. I would like lockers that are for occasional use only and not all the time. thank you

93ZJ[addsig]

That pretty much limits you to air lockers or electric lockers. ARB's are proven through years of use, the new e-locker was not available for the zj last time I looked. They may have an application now. I would love to hear from someone who has e-lockers to see how durable they are. My opinion though, is that lockers are expensive, and should be one of your later mods. Tires, lift, drivetrain bulletproofing and maintenance are the priorities. Lockers can really put stress on your axles, U joints, and Trans/Tcase.[addsig]

What about Ox-lockers? they are cable actuated part time lockers and have a cool lever that engages them. Plus you get a new diff cover with OX in big yellow letter. I think that should add about 15hp to your rig (just kidding and making fun of ricers, it will NOT add hp to your jeep). :p

TARSI[addsig]

Back