More powe!

Tbates

Often when I'm wheeling I find hills that my tires don't spin but my motor Boggs down. I know lower gears will help this but and motor upgrades that help with this?

What is the year, make, engine, transmission, tire size, etc of your Jeep? With some details we may be able to help.

Bacon

It's a 97 with auto transmission 355 gears currently has 31's but installing a 6.5 inch lift this weekend

Gains from motor mods will only provide minimal improvement, regearing is the largest bang for the buck.

That being said, look at a 62mm throttle body and high flow intake.

What's a good gear set where it's still streetable? Not sure if I will run 33s. Or 35s but I still want to be able to go 60-65 without redlining

What's a good gear set where it's still streetable? Not sure if I will run 33s. Or 35s but I still want to be able to go 60-65 without redlining
4.56 gears for better mileage and lower highway RPM's, 4.88 for more power on and offroad. 4.88 for 35" tires.

agree that more motor wont help a ton. Gearing is where its at, are you in 4x4 hi when your engine boggs going up hills? shift to low range and use a higher gear. You wont be able to go as fast but will have all the torque you would ever need. When you install your lift and tires a regear will almost be a must as noted above.

Back