1988 cherokee no spark

I have a 1988 jeep cherokee. The problem is i am getting no spark i have replaced the cps sensor, the ignition switch, the slator, and the coil and still no spark. Can someone help please.

Your is still running the old renix ignition and fuel control system so you will have to get a manual and multimeter and check the sensors. That is a very solid and easy to work on system.

Once you get it up and running again, swap your throttle body for one that is bored out to a larger size and you will be extremely impressed at how much better (faster and more power) your Jeep has become

ok, so everything is good.

but it just cranks and doesn;t fire up or it doesn;t even crank?

Be sure to only use oem sensors. New does not always equal good. Also, consider the CPK. They will fail without warning resulting in a no start condition.

Last edited:

I have the same problem in my 88 Cherokee. Did you ever get yours going?

Be sure to check and clean all grounds. The wiring harness doesn't have good grounds. If you have replaced the crank sensor (they do go out) then check the C101 wiring plug by the brake booster ( I finally had to delete mine ) look up Renix ground refreshing and do it before spending time and money,you will be thankful that you did

Sent from my SM-G935V using Jeepz.com mobile app

Back