Hazards/turn signal acting odd question

B192734

Good afternoon everyone. Here's my issue:

My 2000 XJ had blown out both turn signals. It's not being driven often at the moment, so I finally went out and replaced them. I was checking in on all of the other lights, and noticed that everything worked (brakes, reverse, turns...) but when I turn the hazards on only the drivers side flash on the front. Rears are just fine, but the passenger fronts don't flash. I turn them off and check turn signals, and they work just fine. Front and side markers work just fine. Turn them off and turn on the hazards, and again only the driver side fronts and both rears. No passenger side.

Any thoughts on where my issue may lie? I looked at the fuses and didn't notice anything blown, but I wouldn't 100% guarantee that...I didn't look really hard...

is it a dual filament bulb? maybe one filament is no good?

I have 1999 jeep grand Cherokee I keep blowing turn signal and tail light fuse did anyone ever encounter this problem and what was the solution

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk

I'm going to try and get down in there and look today. Luckily no manufacturers make it hard to get to the bulbs...I think I have to pull the battery and really climb into the engine compartment to get to it. We'll see. I have replacement bulbs, so I'll probably just replace them no matter what since I'm in there.

Good afternoon everyone. Here's my issue: My 2000 XJ had blown out both turn signals. It's not being driven often at the moment, so I finally went out and replaced them. I was checking in on all of the other lights, and noticed that everything worked (brakes, reverse, turns...) but when I turn the hazards on only the drivers side flash on the front. Rears are just fine, but the passenger fronts don't flash. I turn them off and check turn signals, and they work just fine. Front and side markers work just fine. Turn them off and turn on the hazards, and again only the driver side fronts and both rears. No passenger side. Any thoughts on where my issue may lie? I looked at the fuses and didn't notice anything blown, but I wouldn't 100% guarantee that...I didn't look really hard...

Try pushing the hazard switch on and off several times. They do not get used much(I hope) and often collect dirt and corrosion from dust and moisture getting down in.
The blinker and hazards are the same filament. If the blinker works the bulb, socket and ground are fine.

Typical jeep wiring diagram for blinkers and hazards.

93hazardswitch-1.jpg

sounds like a short in the switch in steering column , by chance is it tilt steering than that would be the first place I would look

Wouldn't a short burn the fuse? Fuses nor lights are blowing correct? It is just one side does not blink. Correct??

Back