HELP: 2008 jeep liberty stalling at stoplights

08redLiberty

My 2008 jeep liberty is stalling at stoplights about once a week, when the dealership has it for 10 days it won't stall for them. So the dealership has replaced the sparkplugs - stalling continued. then the dealership replaced the engine coils - stalling continues. In 2014 it was stalling on the freeway & stoplights & the dealership replaced the drive train control module which fixed the problem for 2 years. Every time it's more money plus the rental car cost and yet the stalling continues. Anyone else having this problem? Or know what the problem is? thanks

My 2008 jeep liberty is stalling at stoplights about once a week, when the dealership has it for 10 days it won't stall for them. So the dealership has replaced the sparkplugs - stalling continued. then the dealership replaced the engine coils - stalling continues. In 2014 it was stalling on the freeway & stoplights & the dealership replaced the drive train control module which fixed the problem for 2 years. Every time it's more money plus the rental car cost and yet the stalling continues. Anyone else having this problem? Or know what the problem is? thanks

Do you immediately stall once you stop or does it take 30 sec to a min?
What rpm do you idle at?
What other symptoms?

And CELs?

Check and clean all battery connections, both sides battery and body or engine ground connections.
Clean the TB and IAC
Make sure your TPS and IAC are plugged in properly.
Also check the wiring and connection to the CKP

thanks JPNinPA!
It has also stalled on onramps for the freeway when going at a slow speed, at stoplights it takes time to stall - not immediately
don't know what rpm so I will have to check & get back to you, what are CELs?
I will forward your suggestions to the dealership although I don't think it's the battery as the radio stays on?
again thanks & have a great day!

thanks JPNinPA! It has also stalled on onramps for the freeway when going at a slow speed, at stoplights it takes time to stall - not immediately don't know what rpm so I will have to check & get back to you, what are CELs? I will forward your suggestions to the dealership although I don't think it's the battery as the radio stays on? again thanks & have a great day!

These are things you could do or check.

CEL = check engine light

Back