2001 wj issues

Brian Koerner

I have a 2001 wj 4.0 4x4 auto has 254k i have done as followed put a clutch fan in replaced thermostat put new champion plugs gapped to .35 replaced coil pack replaced fuel pump replaced injectors now the issues that I've been fighting to no avail is p0300 p0305 p0304 upon visual inspection I have no crack in head an there is no milky substance in oil need help inspection expired two days ago

I have a 2001 wj 4.0 4x4 auto has 254k i have done as followed put a clutch fan in replaced thermostat put new champion plugs gapped to .35 replaced coil pack replaced fuel pump replaced injectors now the issues that I've been fighting to no avail is p0300 p0305 p0304 upon visual inspection I have no crack in head an there is no milky substance in oil need help inspection expired two days ago
p0300, p0305 and p0304 are multi cylinder misfire, cylinder 4 misfire and cylinder 5 misfire.

What part number plugs.
Be sure the plugs are torques to the proper spec and haven't loosened.
Be sure the boots are fully inserted over the plug. And they are not cracked.
Check the wires and connectors to the coil rail are connected and in good shape.
Make sure the coil rail is torqued correctly.
Swap injector 1&2 for 4&5

Also check for an intake leak at 4 and 5. It could also be the exhaust leaking into the intake on the head at the gasket.

Back