Buddha 00

Buddha

i have been reading some posts on the issues of loss of power and spit and sputter and backfiring. I have the same issue now on my 2000 cherokee 4.0. I have changed the coil pack, plugs and crankshaft sensor. it seems to idles better, but put it under a load and it does all the above things. I can get good revs with out a load, but as soon as its in gear, it goes bad again. I am at a loss right now. I have good fuel pressure and the motor was rebuilt 47000 miles ago, so i know the compression is up. any other suggestions will be appreciated. Also a BIG hello to all on here, i just joined :)

Welcome to Jeepz.com
Are you getting spark on all cylinders? You could try pulling each wire and plug and checking them.

my son's 98 is getting that issue. we have been working through everything and we down to the speed sensors on the transmission. googling lead me to those because everything else was good. but apparently lots of people replaced the speedometer sender (vss) and/or the other speed sensor on the passenger side of hte trans and it would fix it.

we just got rained on the whole weekend so didn't want to lay under the jeep in the mud so we haven't done it yet

Back