Need help with BA amp!!

Jkrupa

I have a 2013patriot with the Boston acoustic sound package.im looking for the wire schematic for the amp?,i need to know the wire color and function.i want ad a aftermarket amp along with what's already there!my idea is to tap into the rear speaker outputs into a line converter then to the aftermarket amp?i already figured out where to get my remote turn on from.and figured how to get my big power wire to the cargo area..i know ya can buy a harness that goes in the dash taps the radio harness and get rca&remote but im waiting till i upgrade the head unit to rip the dash apart!!any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Sence you are going beyound "stock" on your Jeep, you might want to ask a stereo install shop. they may have the schematic ?
i hope this helps.

I would avoid cutting the factory wires if at all possible. Instead, just get a set of harnesses like this, and tap into the harnesses:

AFFINITY SLE3032 Button Assembly BCH18D001H | eBay

Radio Install OEM Reverse Male Wire Harness Cable Plug | eBay

I've cut plenty of factory harnesses when I was younger, and usually ended up with problems later. You'll need the first plug anyway, if you plan to eventually replace the stereo.

As to your original question, are you trying to run the factory amp, in addition to an aftermarket amp? Are you adding additional speakers?

Thank you for all the help!im not cutting the factory harness.just tapping into it to get audio from the rear door speakers. then to a line out converter then a additional amp for subs!!ya can say in a bass junkie!once thats done i will be upgrading the door speakers and hatch gate ones as well!but im keep in the Boston acoustic amps active!!

If you just need "ins" for the amp to power a sub, just tap into the plug at the rear most speaker and then bridge the amp for the subs.

We did that in my son's camry so he could get his amp/subs going. It hits hard now. Reminds me of high school days, doing all that type of stuff again. I gre up in socal in the late 80s, early 90s when everyone had the mini trucks with all the bass

I think i figured it out?the dodge caliber came with the same option!and the jeep patriot was designed from the caliber!so i got the schematic from dodge!so when the temperature gets above freezing here in NEPA in gonna get to it!i also own a caliber but it only has the basic stereo!!

Just adding to whats already there for now!and goin to replace all the door speakers with Rockford fosgates!

Thats my plan!im just goin to tap the rear speakers where they come out of the factory amp!!

I think i figured it out?the dodge caliber came with the same option!and the jeep patriot was designed from the caliber!so i got the schematic from dodge!

If you have time, post the schematic here for those who come along later.

I got it figured out.i have done many car audio system's.im tapping into the rear lift gate speakers now i figured my pos.&neg. Out?then im goin with the pioneer GM-D8601 amplifier matched with 2 pioneer pro-series 10"subs duel voice coils wired @1ohm!!and im thinking about the Rockford fosgates that everyone is recommending in the doors??also got a capacitor now im just waiting on my 1/0 gauge power wires&fuses to come in the mail!then to put it all together??let the good times roll!!the only problem i was having was trying to figure out where to pull my audio from??now i figured it out im good2go!!

Thank you everyone for the help!im trying to post the pic for the factory plugs and wire color &function! But cant seem to get it to upload from a screenshot on my phone!!

Back