93 jgc 4.0 running rough

More even spray. You don't gain any hp torque or mpg. Just better idle and smoother response.

JPNinPA
Using Jeepz.com app

Ok all back together and running again and suprise still rough idel not near as bad as befor but still a little rough i can deal with the little roughness when i have 3 times the pickup on acceleration and no idel drop at stops exhaust had total of 2 small cracks and 1 large crack at the collector giving it the idel drop when stopping may replace the injectors and idel controler when i have the funds and time also getting some noise at the rockers that may be from a lifter going out but its not bad yet to the point to cause concern as can not move the rockers by hand all and all real happy with the improvement in overall performance from the repair and am hopefuly going to get better mpg as well will update if i get better mpg after this and thank you to everyone that chimed in to give advice and share knowledge it has helped a lot also on note of the erg valve i could not locate an erg valve on eather manifolds not sure if they put it on the 93 4.0 gc

Sent from my SM-G930T using Jeepz.com mobile app

Congratulations an the improvement. And holy long sentence. I found myself holding my breath while reading. :-/

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

glad that some stuff is fixed so hopefully the gas mileage has improved. I really like those early 90 grand Cherokees. we had two and both were great trucks

So far driving my 50 mile a day drive i am now getting 23 mpg on highway and 19 in city up from my 19 mpg highway and 15mpg in city havent got a good read on an avarage yet but im sure it will be an improvement from the 15.8mpg i was getting last couple month. Its running like the previous owner had it running befor he sold it to me. He actually barrowed it to run to store yesterday when he got dropped off at my work to help with some boat electric work and told me its running better than when he had it and has better pick up lol. On other note while doing the exhaust manifold the coolent temp sensor and intake temp sensor went out. After the were replaced the jeep stoped throwing codes and has almost no roughness to it. going to replace 2 more sensors on it just to get new ones on it seems they are starting to go out so figure why not just replace them now and be done with it

Sent from my SM-G930T using Jeepz.com mobile app

Use OEM sensors.

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

Back