Please help

Jeeplife93

Okay so I have a 93 Cherokee sport 5 speed 4.0
so reacently it started getting like a bad misfire only while driving down the road now it's hard to start sometimes and it dies if I let it idle for about 15 mins and sometimes at a red light it will die on me. then lucky to start it back up right away . So I've changed fuel pump fuel filter plugs wires cap button coil crank shaft sensor TPS ignition . Sprayed throttle body spray on all vacuum lines and I can't get nothing. Still doing the same thing. I was driving it tonight and it sounded like it was gonna die on me so I revved it up a bit and it back fired and sounded like a gun shot. I got a guy telling me it could be the maf sensor or distributor. Idk what to change next I've spent all kinds of money and time trying to fix this jeep. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance

check your timing. just shoot it to see what its at. sounds timing related because of the back fire

Glad to hear you found the problem. this problem has been unsolved for years now. what did you replace on your distributor to make it work again.

I just replaced the entire distributor it was only $80. Still running like a champ

Back