Need name of part

neosubzero

jeep engine part.jpgNeed the name of this....block that sits between the battery and cylinder 1,3, and 5. It has a hole in it and shoots out drops of liquid when the jeep runs. It's a 2005 liberty 3.7L.

can you get a closer pic from the driver side it looks like you are pointing at the valve cover in this pic

oh crap, that is the valve cover. you can use one from the 3.7 in the liberty from 04 up to 07, if I remember and you can use one from certain year dodge Dakotas' also.

Holes on valve covers are not at all common. Do you know how this happened? Like: Got angry and hit it with a hammer. Does Your engine idle normal or is it rough?

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

Last edited:
It idles rough, engine shakes, and loses power when driving and when the RPM gets to about 2000. At first, thought it was the spark plugs and/or ignition coils, so I got new ones. Didn't help. When I finally got around to checking the ignition coil wires, the battery was drained, so I did a jump. Went to go check the wires, and saw a brownish fluid shooting out of that hole. I don't how long it's been there.

I wouldn't run the engine any more. Under those covers are the valves under rocker arms and pushrods... you may have something loose .

JPNinPA
Using Jeepz.com app

pull your oil dipstick and see if you have weird colored oil at the top of the oil lever, like a light brownish grey and then the lower oil is normal colored. don't run the engine before doing this though. if you feel like its hard to tell, take a pic and post it on here. your temp and everything else is good when it runs? the underside of the radiator cap have any weird slime on it? take a pic if it does, and post it, also

pull your oil dipstick and see if you have weird colored oil at the top of the oil lever, like a light brownish grey and then the lower oil is normal colored. don't run the engine before doing this though. if you feel like its hard to tell, take a pic and post it on here. your temp and everything else is good when it runs? the underside of the radiator cap have any weird slime on it? take a pic if it does, and post it, also

No slime. No oil period, as in there must be a leak somewhere. Besides what I said before, no other problems.

Well when changing I'd be sure to see all the pushrods, springs and rocker arms are there. Something made that hole and it looks like it came from the inside.

JPNinPA
Using Jeepz.com app

No slime. No oil period, as in there must be a leak somewhere. Besides what I said before, no other problems.

I hope you added oil before you run the engine again. You definitely want to take this to a shop because something from inside the engine decided to go to the outside and went through your valve cover to get there. Those parts are important so you probably don't want to run it at all until you get it looked at. In other words, get that Jeep towed to a shop or get someone over there to repair it where it sits. Don't drive it.

So what was the outcome?

I'm betting that it's evil spirits trying to escape your engine.

Back