Door Locks Not Working

MnSkol

Hello all.

I have a 2004 Jeep Liberty. Recently my power locks stopped working. I have to manually lock and unlock doors. My key fob does not do anything. Even when I try to unlock doors using lock/unlock button I get nothing. I cannot open rear hatch as it is locked and there is no spot to unlock it with a key.

I replaced the fuse and every time I test it blows. I am hoping somebody might know what the problem is. A friend told me that the drivers door lock acts as a master for all the locks. He said it latch may need to be replaced???

Has anybody experienced this?

Any thoughts will help. Thank You.

If the fuse is blown there is a reason.
1. A lock may be bad and drawing too much current.
2. A switch may be bad and either drawing too much power or shorting out.
3. You have damaged wiring that is shorting to ground.

I would start at the driver side lock button. If you have a meter and know how to troubleshoot wires I would start by trying to meter from the switch to locks for a ground. I would also disconnect the switch replace the fuse and see if you can get power to the switch. If yes attach switch only and see if you get power out of the switch. If yes disconnect all the locks and start connecting one at a time until the fuse blows that will tell you at least what door is causing the issue.

If I had to guess I would say the connection from the cab to the door would be the issue due to the fact that part moves and could have punched something causing a short.

Good luck electrical problems are always a pain.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Jeepz.com mobile app

let us know if still working this-
FYI lift glass working ok - then there is a manual release for tail gate in rear - small access panel on trim panel - check owners manual for info.
My guess is the swing gate is where the issue Is .

Last edited:

After a lot of testing I found the problem. It was the front passenger lock switch. I disconnected it and everything works fine. Connected it and fuse blew every time I tested it. Thanks for the input and replies.

Back