Trailer Hitch & Wiring for Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited

Charb

HI there,

I am looking to get a hitch trailer and wiring system for a trailer for my 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited (V6, 3.6L), with the intention of pulling a maximum of 2 Tons of trailer cargo (motorcycles, dirt bikes, camping gear).

I have checked with the dealership in here and they are looking to charge me an arm and a leg to remove the existing bumper, drilling holes in it, making a large cut to install an OEM Mopar trailer hitch/wiring system, which i will not go for. Another option is to go for an under bumper hitch trailer receiver (Curt, Draw-Tite) and have it bolted directly to the chassis. Then the wiring parts and installation job will have to be done separately, and the hitch trailer and parts will have to be ordered online and shipped all the way to Dubai, which would be a financial and logistical nightmare.

Could you please provide me with an expert and tested opinion on how to proceed from here and possible alternative solutions to my problem.

Looking forward to hearing back from you. Thanks a bunch.

Charb.

Is there another jeep dealer to discuss this pricing with?
Jeep will have the correct hitch an wiring, and there will be no issue with modifications if the wiring was not up to jeep standards.

the hitch assy* @250$ (US$), what did they quote as labor time?

*82212180AC

unfortunately not, there's only one dealer for Jeep. and in the event of additional work being done (specifically electrical) outside of the dealership, i'm pretty certain that they will void the warranty too....

Back