Leaking water inside - filter clogged?

ChipD3B22

I have a 2012 grand cherokee overland and recently, it has started doing something almost all my other grand cherokees have done which is leak water iinside, such as on my foot, and in some places in the front roof area (door frame and where sunglass holder is)
I remember from jeeps past that some drain or filter can get clogged which backs up rain water into the jeep?
I started hearing this bubbling sound coming from the back somewhere as well
I recently moved and now park outside, and live in Florida which has had a ton of rain in the past 2 months
I also recently had my windshield replaced and the rubber at the bottom is not as secured but it was like that before due to the heat...
Any help is greatly appreciated!

first - good luck with IRMA - leave if suggested.

Was there a issue before windshield replaced - ?
Drains would likely be sunroof - a self inflicted hole in roof that will leak. Also th AC drain but they did not fail same time windshield replaced.

I suggest you contact glass company they wlll likely trouble shoot it or suggest from experience.

I did not see any notes or TSB's.

There is a cowl drain that clogs. It backs theater up into the fresh air intake of the HVAC. Clean that drain and seal around the intake.
Also check your door seals. You could use a strip of paper to close between the the door and seal or seal and jamb. If you could easily pull it out that is where water can make it in. Or just use a hose if you don't mind getting some water in there.

Lastly make sure your firewall plugs are in place. Many times we pull them for wires to go through. Water can follow those wires.

JPNinPA
Using Jeepz.com app

Back