2001 jeep grand cherokee limited squeeling

nodakskip

I have a 2001 jeep grand Cherokee limited 4 door.

Its been in the family all its life. Mom, Step dad and then me. Things we have done recently (last 2 years) are full tune up, change a belt in the engine (cant recall what it was called) did the breaks. But it has always done this as long as I have had it, before and after all repairs.

It only seems to happen on moist days. Like really hot and humid, left in the rain for a bit, or snowing such as work parking lot. Only sometimes when parked on an incline like a driveway.

When I first start driving the area around the front drivers side tire will sequel it lasts for a about 5 to 10 seconds and then goes away. It only happens when I first drive the jeep after its been sitting, not say if I went to the store to buy stuff then left. Its after its been out for a bit. I have always assumed on belt was wet because of humidity, rain, snow and then squealed till it got going while driving. It mostly happens in the summer as with humidity, or if it rains big. Winter every once and awhile. My buildings cleaning lady said she thinks my (I think she called it..) a differential is sticking then releasing. She thought I was going to stall in the street, but was surprised when I said it only happens here and there and only fer a few seconds.

Has anyone had this problem before, or any ideas on what could be wet that causes it to sequel for a few seconds during the start of driving once and awhile?

Thy this spray a little WD40 or any spray oil into the bearing area of the idler pulley. See if it stops for a day or so. Then try the same on the tensioner pulley. They are two that will squeal before really going bad.They are cheap to replace. And, You cannot rely on oil fixing the bearing issue?
After that look into the water pump and the air conditioning. But spraying will not work.

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

Back