2 tire sizes larger?

Hamb0ne10

Hello. My name is don and I'm new here. I have a question or two about tire sizes.

I own a 2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo with 245/65R-17 tires. They are getting low on tred and not too surprising since they are more than 3 years old.

Supposedly in Maine you can only go 2 sizes larger on tires legally. I'm not looking for crazy mud tires or anything anyway. Would just like a little more height if I'm buying new tires anyway. Any reason I can't upgrade to something like 245/75R-17 tires? My only real concerns is I don't want to buy new rims and I'm a little worried about what this will change for normal driving performance and the automatic 4 wheel drive function that kicks in automatically.

Any thouhts? Thanks in advance.
Don

With the numbers you mention you will have the same tire width. The sidewalk will be taller. Taller tires means less clearance. should you fully articulate you may rub the fenders . At full turn you may rub the control arms. Also, your speedo will be off by 6%. You will need to reprogram to correct and change shift points.

JPNinPA
Using Jeepz.com app

Back