Regarding what's missing

XJReaper

So I found out that the last time I hit the trails I not only broke the motor mount but sheared the bolts off in the block. Today I am going to try to drill in and easy out the broken bolts and replace with new bolts. Anybody else ever have this issue? Would it be better to remove the bolts and try to tap in a larger size bolt and thread or should I take the time to pull the engine and swap it with the engine from the 92? Same engine just a lot more work with very limited space. And since I lost my job, it makes the financial part of the rebuild very difficult.

Sent from my [device_name] using Jeepz.com mobile app

I've got some Brown Dog motor mounts in my TJ and like them. Make sure to get rubber and not poly - I got the wrong ones (poly), and it vibrated so bad that it was hard to see out my side mirrors.

I've got some Brown Dog motor mounts in my TJ and like them. Make sure to get rubber and not poly - I got the wrong ones (poly), and it vibrated so bad that it was hard to see out my side mirrors.
Thank you both for the info. Today I am getting under there and trying to drill and easy out the rest of the bolts that sheared off. If I can't get them out then I am going to have to do a motor swap with my donor jeep. Fingers crossed.

Sent from my [device_name] using Jeepz.com mobile app

Back