Remapping KK software

snoopy4x4

Hi all

I am looking at having the software on my 2012 Jeep Liberty/Cherokee KK 3.7L V6 remapped to improve fuel consumption. Currently averaging 18 to 18.5L/100km.
I’m in Cape Town and I have a brilliant indy who has suggested remapping (not a chip).
I’m going into this understanding that there is not a 100% guarantee that I will experience a huge reduction in consumption. But I am willing to give it a try.

Does anyone have experience or knowledge of doing this on a 3.7L V6?
And if so, please share.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I recalc that as ~13 mi per gallon.
Do you have a lift?
Larger tires?
Rehearsed rears?
Corrected speedometer for the above?
We need to be sure your calculating the true L/km

Second the only success in improving mpg was changing from a mechanical fan to an e-fan. On a Daily Driver. Other mods are relearned by the PCM anger. Few hundred miles.

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

So I recalc that as ~13 mi per gallon.
Do you have a lift?
Larger tires?
Rehearsed rears?
Corrected speedometer for the above?
We need to be sure your calculating the true L/km

Second the only success in improving mpg was changing from a mechanical fan to an e-fan. On a Daily Driver. Other mods are relearned by the PCM anger. Few hundred miles.

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

I don’t have a lift yet. Doing that in July. Can only do a 2” lift on the KK.
Tyres are 245/70R16 Good Year Wrangler Adventure All Terrains.
Not sure what you mean by “rehearsed rears”
Speedometer hasn’t been touched.

Oh sorry. Autocorrect picked a word and I didn't see the change.
Re geared the axels.

Your tire (tyre) diameter is 29.5 in and that is the stock size.

JPNinPA
Using Jeepz.com app

So you have a stock liberty. So when you do lift it and change tire size to larger then stock, the mpg or km/L is going to get worse.
Stock was 16mpg city and 22 highway. 15/21 in the 4x4 model. The engine is a 3.7 L V6.
So in my experience( not on 3.7) tuning trades HP with efficiency.
Unless you reduce load or increase CC and or turbo. Reducing load can be eliminating A/C, mechanical fan to an e-fan, convert auto manual locking or 4x4 to fwd.

What you may want to start with is a good tune up.
Proper tyre pressure.
Balanced aligned
Brakes not dragging
Clean TB and IAC
Clean grounds and power connections
Clean air filter.
Remove weight from vehicle.
Easy on the skinny pedal and coast more to stop. Keep it under 65mph

JPNinPA
Using Jeepz.com app

Last edited:
So you have a stock liberty. So when you do lift it and change tire size to larger then stock, the mpg or km/L is going to get worse.
Stock was 16mpg city and 22 highway. 15/21 in the 4x4 model. The engine is a 3.7 L V6.
So in my experience( not on 3.7) tuning trades HP with efficiency.
Unless you reduce load or increase CC and or turbo. Reducing load can be eliminating A/C, mechanical fan to an e-fan, convert auto manual locking or 4x4 to fwd.

What you may want to start with is a good tune up.
Proper tyre pressure.
Balanced aligned
Brakes not dragging
Clean TB and IAC
Clean grounds and power connections
Clean air filter.
Remove weight from vehicle.
Easy on the skinny pedal and coast more to stop. Keep it under 65mph

JPNinPA
Using Jeepz.com app

Thanks for all the information.
So at the moment, it looks like my fuel consumption is spot on. 16mpg = 18L/100km (I think). Good to know.
Would you do the remapping if you were me?

Your at 13 mpg not 16. 16 is what is expected.

No I would not remap. As mentioned you are going to train off hp for economy and likely loose mpg in the long run. The only way I know to get more hp and economy is to either increase the CC of the engine, put on a turbo (if it makes sense for that engine) or remove restrictions that rob power. Mechanical clutch fans, A/C ... That use the engine as its PM.

Sometimes you could change where end engine shifts. Less aggressive can be better mpg.

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

With all the stuff mentioned above, you could do a pedal commander. It has an econo mode. although the econo mode is less pedal feel than stoc generally. But, city would give you more get up and go for less pedal use. Might help. Better option than remapping.

Like above calculate mpg by dividing miles driven by gallons to fill up. Do not do this for 1/4 tank try to refill an empty tank. This way the extra 0.1 gal you squeeze in or-not doesn’t impact the mpg calc too much.
Second, do not drive like you stole it. Easy on the gas and cost to stops more than sudden stops.
Reduce overall weight. Extra junk in the trunk robs mpg. Align and proper tire pressure. Pressure changes with seasons and needs to be adjusted regularly when tire is cold.
Wider, heavier tires or aggressive threads take more to start to roll, maintain speed and stop.

On the highway 65 mph or under is target.

You could clean the TB, IAC, check or replace plugs if you idle is rough. Run some injector cleaner and be sure you don’t have a stuck injector. You should idle at 750 rpm any higher snd you may have s vacuum leak,

Good battery and clean connections minimizes alternator loads and erroneous codes.

Any codes?

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

Last edited:
I'm taking a gander at having the product on my 2012 Jeep Liberty/Cherokee KK 3.7L V6 remapped to further develop fuel utilization. Right now averaging 18 to 18.5L/100km. preposition calculator Prepositions are simply little words, however this doesn't imply that they are excessive. They can have an enormous effect on the sentences that you are making. The more that you can pass on the messages of your sentences appropriately, the more that individuals who are perusing your sentences will comprehend.

Last edited by a moderator:

i think we got about 16-17mpg on the highway with our kj and that engine but we had a 2" lift and slightly larger tires.

08 liberty 23.7 highway
Not clear on city yet. Not good on hills

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

Back