Brake systems

XJReaper

Yesterday was front breaks and calipers. Today found a broken hard line to drivers rear drum. Spent day with one man bleeder bleeding the breaks. Still no breaks. Went and through in a booster, still no breaks. Tomorrow master cylinder.
If no breaks... I guess I crash.

Sent from my SM-J327T1 using Jeepz.com mobile app

You might try leaving that bleeder open and let gravity help purge some of the air out of that line.

Once you purge the air from the system, and fill the master cylinder, does the fluid level drop at all? That would indicate a leak.

Agree inspect for a leak or if the master cylinder leaks the fluid is pushing past the plunger. You would not see a leak until you separate the cylinder from the booster.

Also check your seals on the calipers Pistons. I put a reman caliper on a vehicle that ended up inverting the seal instead of pushing the plunger. When I removed the caliper the seal looked like an bicycle inter tube filled with fluid. The brake operated but not efficiently causing a pull to one side. First indicator was a drop in brake fluid with no leak or loss of pedal.

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

Back