2012 Liberty. HVAC Vacuum line leak. Location?

JustLivin

I'm super new to all of this so my terminology may be off. I also greatly appreciate any help all your pros can give me. I've narrowed my problem down to 100% having a vacuum leak in the floor HVAC. I've come to this conclusion because my floor vents default to defrost and I get a whining noise behind the glove box area when I let off the gas when driving. My question is, how do I find this vacuum line I'm looking for? (the floor vent vacuum).

Thank you!

Jerry

Likely on the passenger side firewall in the engine compartment you will find the vac line. Trace it back to the engine looking for leaks. There may be a T splice that goes under the battery to a vac reservoir Then on the interior.

One symptom is as you mention default to defrost the other is high idle. If the leak isn't obvious you can take carb cleaner or WD 40 even water in a spray bottle. Start your engines and let it idle. Spray the vac line starting at the engine to the firewall. Listen for the idle to change. When it does you found your leak.

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

Back