Jeep Grand Cherokhee Headlights Assembly

KSE

Hi All
It seems my right side headlight assembly 55079380AJ needs to be replaced due to some issue with computer and is burned out. Mechanic did the diagnosis and suggested to replace it . I have below question

Shall I buy online OEM for $740 ?
Through dealer $1000
Replace both the sides with Halogen assembly . I am not sure whether it would fit the harness before I buy online can somebody suggest what should I buy and whats the best source for it ?

My Jeep model is Jeep Grand Cherokhee Ltd 2013.

Thanks
K

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks terry for the response. I am just not sure whether it would fit in . It says 2013 model so wanted to confirm. Do you know of any vedio displaying how to fit by yourself. Mechanic labor is expensive ~ $150

Thanks Terry. Do you know any headlight assembly would fit into my model which I buy from ebay or amazon or it has to be OEM one only. Just making sure I understand.

I've got a 2005 Wrangler, so I can't speak to your model Jeep exactly, but in general, aftermarket parts will fit in your Jeep just fine.

I would say it's no different from buying accessories for your Iphone. An aftermarket charger will likely work just as well as an official apple one. It may not be as high quality, but most of the time it will work just fine.

Just buy your aftermarket headlight assembly from someone reputable (perhaps amazon), and if it doesn't fit right you know you can return it.

I dont think I can buy any headlight assembly and replace in my Jeep sine the harness wont fit . HID came with the factory so my assumption is it needs to be replaced with HID headlight assembly.

Hi All
It seems my right side headlight assembly 55079380AJ needs to be replaced due to some issue with computer and is burned out. Mechanic did the diagnosis and suggested to replace it . I have below question

Shall I buy online OEM for $740 ?
Through dealer $1000
Replace both the sides with Halogen assembly . I am not sure whether it would fit the harness before I buy online can somebody suggest what should I buy and whats the best source for it

@terrymason provided a lot of great suggestions for less costly DIY alternatives. If you want to retain the HID then you need to spend the big bucks for quality replacement as your GC is set up for HID.

I agree @terrymanson gave valueable suggestions. One thing I am not sure is whether any headlight assembly I buy online will fit with my harness , my mechanic charges for labor everytime he opens the car and its becoming costlier deal. Thats one of the reason I really wanted to make sure I buy everything and go to him.

Questions still not answered

Any headlight assembly will fit with the wires and harness, as I wanted to downgrade to halogen given the fact HID are costly to maintain.

IMO to go from HID to halogen you and/or your mechanic will have to review the wiring diagram for the Jeep HID system and wire up the simpler halogen system. It will not be plug+play without some work. Not too tough but easier than halogen to HID.

Back