2006 grand cherokee a/c issue

sarsface

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]hey everyone, i’ve tried troubleshooting this problem on my own and beyond my family’s help we’ve reached a dead end.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]i have a 2006 grand cherokee and when i bought it from a friend he told me the a/c only worked on high. after a couple months, i noticed it sometimes wouldn’t turn on unless i hit a speed bump or something similar. then the a/c would start blowing.[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]now 2 years later, it’s to the point where it’s not blowing at all. my mom and i took the blower resistor off and decided it needed replacing. that’s when we also realized the wire harness needed replacing as well since the blue wire connector (which i believe is the blower) was blown. after some reading we found a lot of people mentioning the same problem so we thought we were on the right track.[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]so we replace both today and start the jeep. nothing. we checked the relay fuse and it looks fine. other than that, we don’t know where to start. my sister’s bf wants to pull the blower fan tomorrow and test it. [/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]is there anything we may be overlooking? has this happened to anyone else? any and all suggestions would be appreciated! thank you![/FONT][/FONT]

Yah this is an issue for most models and years.
Check the fuse, wires at the fan speed select switch
The switch itself. And the motor ground. You could run s jumper from the battery and touch the fan pos terminal to see if the motor runs. Then work towards the switch and resistor.

IMG_0209.JPGIMG_0210.JPGIMG_0211.JPG
Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

I used to have a 1990 cherokee and the blower motor only worked on high for a year or so before it died and had to be replaced. I'd start by bypassing the wiring to bring juice to the motor and see if it works

he tested the motor on the battery today and it wouldn’t run. does anyone have suggestions on where to find a replacement? local places are quoting $120+ but rock auto has several running closer to $35. not really interested in dropping that much money if it’s gonna burn out in a matter of years...

Thats a wide range in price for a blower motor. Some replacement parts are just imported second rate products. Seems you isolated the problem. If you're keeping the JGC bite the bullet and replace the blower motor.

Double check the ground line.
Besides replacing the motor replace any heated wiring. And clean all ground points. Clean or replace connectors and put dielectric grease on them to cut oxidation...

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

I bought my replacement motor at autozone. If I remember correctly it was in the $25-$30 range although that was close to 10 yrs ago.

Here you go - 2006 GC blower motor with Prime shipping - $35
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=2006+gra...cherokke+blower+,aps,126&ref=nb_sb_ss_sc_1_27

I prefer Rock Auto myself, and buy everything there I can, but sometimes when I need something fast, or there's a chance I'll need to send it back (wrong part, etc) I'll go with amazon.

i was looking on amazon but reviews seem to vary quite a bit. but rock auto seems to carry some of the same brands so might as well go with amazon for the quick shipping.

I bought my replacement motor at autozone. If I remember correctly it was in the $25-$30 range although that was close to 10 yrs ago.

i checked local stock for o’reillys, auto zone and advanced. they all carry one brand of motor that runs $120. no other option.

Back