Complete rear end replacement on a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee limited

Phoxes

Newbie here. I love my 2007 JGC. I’m not afraid to get her dirty and take her all thought the backroads/off roads of Cass County, Missouri. I’ve treated her as royalty over the years. She’s never done me wrong. I’ve replaced a lot of stuff on this ol gal, (anyone that’s ever had to replace the starter in this hemi version knows what a pain this thing is) but never done a rear end replacement on any vehicle. When the rear end finally gave on me I didn’t think twice about buying a used “[FONT=&quot]2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Rear Axle Assembly corporate 8-1/4" electronic limited slip differential (3.73 ratio)” I’m picking up tomorrow. I’m a good google mechanic :). I’ve worked on complete rebuild of KLR’s, Honda 650’s, Harley heritage soft tails, various boats... all by YouTube and google articles, but for the life of me can’t find any google/YouTube videos for a rear ending replacement on my Jeep. Any suggestions or pointers? Any special tools I’ll need? I’m good at following directions but can’t find much on this topic. Pointers, tips, recommendations appreciated![/FONT]

Attachments

• 5564AAD0-CBB4-4E63-A9A3-BCEF02B63D22.jpeg
    5564AAD0-CBB4-4E63-A9A3-BCEF02B63D22.jpeg
    508.3 KB · Views: 28

If old and new match up with where things are welded on, it should be straight forward. If they don't you'll have to grind or cut off and move items. Similar to putting on a big lift.

Anyone else?

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

I don't think I've replaced a complete rear end since the 70s. Maybe it's because I'm old and no longer very stout but IMO it's easier to rebuild one. Like JPN, I'd think if they are both of the same year/model - it should be fairly straightforward. Anything that's not shouldn't be too difficult to figure out.

Back