what this relays are for ??

icortes

hi..

i need to know what the relays located close to the battery are for (there are four relays there :shock: ), because recently I had a problem with my car, jeep cherokee limited 89 automatic, and it was resolved removing one of this relays :!: . we learned that one of them is used by the fuel bomb, but the others??

and anyone know about internet websites where I can get the jeep manual service free ?? or information about it... :wink:

Iván Cortés

Cherokee Diagnostic Codes

Hi, welcome!

The relays from front to back are:

> A/C clutch relay
> B+ Latch relay (for the IAC)
> Fuel Pump relay
> Oxygen sensor heater relay

A great source for info from the factory service manual (including complete schematics) is AllData. It is subscription based but well worth it! :mrgreen:

-Nick :!:

Search feature?? Looking for a tire comparison website....

If you removed the relay then put it back in and it worked, that means you need a new realay. My fuel pump relay was burned out therefore, no fuel was being pumped down the fuel lines and the jeep wouldn't start. Every time I wanted to start my jeep I had to take the relay out then put it back in.

thanks woody-wagon and XJNick for your answers.. !! :D

I have one question more... what's the meaning of "B+ Latch relay (for the IAC)" ?? because that was the relay that we removed and my car work fine without that relay :? .

thanks again !! :D

Iván Cortés

Hi,

The B+ latch relay is a relay that energizes for a couple seconds after the engine shuts off. It's primary purpose is to energize the Idle Air Control (IAC) motor which will return to a pre-set position for the next start-up (I believe it opens up). :mrgreen:

-Nick :!:

Back