Power windows--99 Cherokee Classic

mwmalm

Adjusting to the changes!

The power window switches do not work anywhere but the driver's side. Yes I have pushed the window lock button on and off and tried it. I pulled the door panels off each door to see if wiring harnesses were tight. Didnt help.

The lights on the switches also do not light, anywhere but the drivers side.

90 jeep cherokee stalls !help!

Hi, welcome to the board!

The driver's window switches acts as the "master" switch while the other three act as "slave" switches. This means that if there is a fault in the driver's switches, none of the other switches can work. Also, if there is a bad connector or cut wires downstream of the master switch, none of the others will work.

One place to check is behind the driver's side kick panel. There should be several big connectors back there, and one for the window system. If it is corroded or loose, it could be causing your problem.

Could also be a bad lock switch :mrgreen:

-Nick :!:

Thanks for the advice. This AM on the way to work I pushed the window lock button off and on several times, and the other switches lite up and worked. Got back in at lunch and they wouldnt work, even after pushing the window lock many times. My diagnosis is a bad window lock switch. Make sense?

My diagnosis is a bad window lock switch.

Yes. Definately a bad window lock switch. If you don't want to pay for a new switch, you can take a piece of wire and wire it between the two wires going to the switch. This bypasses the switch and solves the problem... but you won't be able to lock the windows :mrgreen:

-Nick :!:

Back