I6 differences

balloo93

I am curious to know if I can use a 87 non HO block with all of the standard equipment on the 93 I6 Hi HO engine I currently have? I may be able to get my hands on one pretty cheap, but if I can't exchange the head, intake, water pump, alt, ect, ect....

Then I don't want it.

I have read so far that the head, intake and exhaust are the only differences. On that line of thinking, are the intakes on both the WJ and XJ Hi HO motors that same?

I appreciate any help that can be given, thanks.[addsig]

There are quite a few differences in the blocks. Your better off starting all over again if you plan on going with the 4.2, the 4.0 changed everything to a serpentine belt that put all of your extra's(alt, waterpump....) in a different place. Good luck

eastcoastoffroad.com[addsig]

I´ve had pretty good luck,by buying two gasket sets. It will usually give a person some idea if the mix and match might work out.[addsig]

I probably should have been a little more specific.

I didn't realize that the 87 had the carbed 258. I'm learning, and learning is fun!

What about the differences between the HO 4.0 and the standard 4.0? I need to find one of these and put it together to have in case the one in the jeep blows up.[addsig]

Back