wheel problem

jeep00

Another new JEEP Model for 2004! You'll love this one!

I wrote a while back and asked about my jeep viberating, and I got a lot of info about my driveshaft. I thought about it some more and the viberating did not start until I got a set of new rims from American Racing. I asked a friend about it and he said that a rim could be warped. What is the likelyhood of this and how can I tell if that is the problem?

thanks for the help,
Nick

If it started when you got your rims, did you get a lift and bigger tires as well? My vibes problem was solved by getting my alignment adjusted. Evidentlally, when you lift you truck, it "pigeon toes" the front alignment.

I'm sure the others covered this with you though.

Not to rehash anything, but what are your symptoms?

saw something great today

No I don't have a lift or bigger tires. I have also gotin my tires rotated and balanced. I have gotin an alignment done as well.

thanks,
Nick

I worked in a tire shop as a kid, a whole lot of rims have noticeable amounts of wobble (not straight side to side) or out of round. I´d notice when balancing, but would rarley say anything, unless the customer complained about the balance. I´ve cured slight vibrations by moving the front tires to the rear. It takes a whole lot more, to vibrate the rear, than the front.
You can check your rims by jacking up the front end, supporting it on the axle (jack stands). Take a heavy solid object and tape a stick to it. Measure just inside the outer lip on the rim, rotate your tire slowly by hand. You can see wobble and out of round real fast. Anything more than about an eigth of an inch, is suspect more than a quarter and it´s a returnable item. The clips, holding on the rear brake drum, have caused a whole lot of grief also.
Tires sometimes come seriously out of round also. Lowering or raising the tire pressure affects the vibration. Usually more of a thump or wobble than a vibration.

Back