Blower Motor

dontknowdiddly

I have a '98 Cherokee Sport. My a/c and heater work fine but my blower isn't blowin. I have checked all the fuses and relays and would like to check the wiring from the switch and the motor. Does anybody have the wiring schematics for these?? Help me please.....I AM FREEZING!!!!

Can´t help you out with the 98 schematic. But when the blower motor quits. The first thing after the fuses to check is the resitor. It´s usually behind a little cover, on the heater box Some models it´s a triangular cover, some it´s a rectangular cover, a couple of inches long. Up high on the passengers side, air box for the heater, next to the vacume actuator (can) on the early models.

Hi,

Does the blower motor work in the HIGH or MAX position? If so, you have a faulty resistor block as MudderChuck suggested, as the blower motor doesn't go through a resistor for HIGH speed.

If none of the switch positions make the blower motor work, I'd suspect the plug by the blower motor or the switch in the Climate control module is bad or corroded, or there is a bad ground. Another possibility would be the Motor could be bad, test it by applying 12 volts from the battery directly to the motor.

-Nick :!:

Back