Front bumpers and grill guards

rogzylla

See "Deer" post.

I am putting some front protection on my 91 XJ LTD.

Mine is more "snow car" than hard core 4X4.

It is still a more capable off roader than most the high riding hoopla circus wagons out there. Any XJ owner know what I mean.

Iam leaning towards the "OUTBACK".

I live in deer country and I want my ride to survive better the next time.

Come on guys, tell me what works and what don't.

rog[addsig]

the best thing for you to do is go pick up some magazines and pick something you like and can afford. they're pricey... couple hundred bucks probably... look around... i've seen some that are just a little thing that goes in the center in front of the grill, and i've seen some that actually extend around the headlights... there's a couple different varieties available...[addsig]

Check out these guys http://www.desertrat.com/tjm/tjm_index2.htm

They have some pretty damn good setups, but they are a bit pricey.

Basically you want a grill gaurd that is attached to the body as well as the front. The ones that are just attached to the bumber will do more damage than good. Hitting a deer is a lot like hitting a small car. They can do some unbelievable damage! I had cheapy one on my K5 and it was mounted in three places on the fram and two on the front bumber, and that damn thing was indestructable.[addsig]

I really like the JAOS stuff, but, it doesn't looke like they make anything for Jeeps. What about ARB, they have some really nice heavy duty bumpers.[addsig]

Back