'00 XJ tire clearance

TwistedCU

Will 30x9.50x15's fit on a stock XJ? If not, would 1.75" of lift do the job?

As far as a winch on an XJ, it looks like the only way to mount one is to replace the bumper, is that right?

TwistedCopper said:
Will 30x9.50x15's fit on a stock XJ? If not, would 1.75" of lift do the job?

As far as a winch on an XJ, it looks like the only way to mount one is to replace the bumper, is that right?

haha copper i thought this was a "commuter" car. and you were going to buy another yj later on to mod? so much for your xj staying stock :roll: oh well, you've already had it for almost a day, i guess its about time for you to think of modding it up. :lol:

I don't even have it yet. I pick it up tomorrow. I was thinking if 30's would fit, making a quick call in the AM to change the tire size (I made 'em buy me a new set of BFG AT's)

30" won't fit without rubbing, but they'll fit with the 1.75" budget boost. Unfortunately XJ's have just about the smallest wheel wells of any jeep.

Best way to mount a winch to an XJ is with an aftermarket bumper. I've seen them mounted behind the stock bumper but to me that's too much trouble.

TwistedCopper said:
I don't even have it yet. I pick it up tomorrow.

HAHAHAHAHA, that makes all your speculation even better.

Would they squeeze under there until I could do the BB if I stayed on pavement? The Budget Boost is only like $99 @ Rusty's and it wouldn't be long!

Bounty, In reference to the driveline vibration issues you mentioned with lifting the newer XJ's, at what size lift does it become neccessary to drop the xfer case?

You should be able to run them temporarily, just be careful when entering a steep driveway or gas station entrance, hit is straight and slow and not at an angle.

You'll need to lower the transfer case .5" with any amount of lift up to about 3" or 3.5". I made my own with a metal bar, about 10"x2"x.5". Cut it into two equal 5" pieces and use the crossmember as a template to drill the holes. Remove the stud on each side that holds the crossmember and install 4 bolts .5" longer than stock. They are metric.

99 Wrangler Rear dif drive line leak

Can you mount a front hitch on an XJ? Then you could attach the winch to the hitch when needed instead of having the extra weight permanently attached to the front end.

Back