Has anyone used the Trailhead automatic tire deflators?

Craig

I'm thinking about getting the Trailhead automatic tire delfators and wondering if anyone has had any experience with these good/bad? Normally I wouldn't spend my money on something that isn't really needed but I hate sitting out in the cold for 10 or 20 minutes fine tuning the tires to a lower pressure before going off road.

yeah they are well worth the money. I have them and would tell anyone not to think twice about getting them.

I have the Oasis ones and I love em. Makes airing down so much easier! Also Craig about your OBA, I am unsure about how far into the install you are BUT, I talked with a buddy of mine this weekend who has OBA and got the factory idler pully for a YJ with A/C he said you remove a bolt from the timing cover, and replace with the pully and a longer bolt, as for the belt, he said a belt from a 88 XJ 4.0 fits perfectly. I am thinking if adding this pully to reduce belt slipping.

Thanks for the info. I have the setup without a/c that needs the idler pulley. I was told that the idler pulley for this setup attaches to a bolt hole which is on the a/c mounting bracket. I ordered the Trailhead tire deflators (made my Oasis) along with my order from onboardair.com. Just waiting for all the parts to get here so I can start the install. It ended up costing a lot more than I had planned after I got all the small parts and accessories that I needed. I'm taking pic's of the whole install of the York than I'm gonna post on my cardomain site when I'm done.

It says they're 2" long. Has anyone damaged or ripped them off? Seems like they'd stick out a little past the rim.

I paid $60 through onboardair.com. I just called around and found that I can get stubby valve stems. I'm gonna get the stubbys because I think the deflators will stick out a little too far and possibly get ripped off on a rock or in a rut.

Back