Castrol GTX High Mileage oil

hi_c

Big Lift 1989 GMC 4x4 "SOLD"

Have you guys used this stuff yet? I figure since my old YJ is rollin 165k miles, I'd try the High Mileage oil. That stuff is great! It's like butter in my engine.

It claims to help seal the worn rings and pistons that is common with older, worn engines. I'm not lying... I definitely have some pep back... even with 33's and a 2.5L. Now I'm not saying it's gonna be a miracle for everybody, but I know that my engine is tired, because my oil pressure never gets above 20 (psi, i guess?) but with this new oil, it's up around 35. And I can cruise on flat land at 65 in 5th gear again. (still have to drop to 4th going up a small incline). But I highly recommend you try this stuff.

It says it's for motors with 75,000 miles or more. You probably wont see the difference I did if you only have 76,000 miles, but if you got over 100K, I think you'll like it.

C

ps. no, castrol didn't pay me to say this.

I use this stuff as well. My Jeep has the 2.5L with almost 200,000 miles on the odo. It runs much better than it did with regular oil!!! I would reccomend it to any one with a lot of miles.

Back