AR 767 wheels back space ?

dekies

Looking at AR 767 wheels (grizzly won't accept lock outs so there out), I'm looking at the 15x7 (stay focused here guys, don't want to here go to a larger size - I'm a practical 4x4er :) ) they make two different versions one is a 4" back space no offset one is a 4.5" backspace with 15mm pos offset.

I run 6 ply side walls and 235 75 R15, which rim would work better and not have clearance issues and not stick out past the stock fender flares (much)?

Remember stay focused on the question, don't want to hear do a lift put 33s on 15x10s. :)) You serious offroaders offer a wealth of information, but not everyone one wants to spend more on suspenion upgrades than they did for the vehicle. :)))

BTW: When I finally get rid of the 15x8 aluminum what can I expect to sell them for?

I tried to stay focused, but tell me again, why you want to switch from aluminum to steel? You like chipping paint and rust? Seriously, keep the aluminum. If you MUST switch, the 4.5" backspace will move the wheel further under your fender. Click over to ebay and do a search on Jeep Rims. If you're selling a set of 5 canyon rims (guessing) you should expect to get about $100/rim.

C

I use the jeep for more practical reasons... work. I run 6 ply tires and prefer not to run huge tires. The 8" rim presents a bead seal problem for the 6ply. You might say I'm sick of it... flats that is. Any way i don't have a problem with aluminum per say I just want 7" and the steel are cheap (now you know my motivation)! I inherieted the alumimum wheels. I understand what the back space and offset do for me.... I just don't know which won will be better for my application for fit. The fit is the question really. The 4.5" with offset is closer to the original wheels that would be on the jeep, but how would the fit be for 235s?

I'm not sure what you mean by "fit"? It won't rub anything at compression or on turns... either rim will work. One will be .5" closer to the frame rail than the other. Not sure what the problem is here. Sounds like you just need to let the guy at the Pepboys parts counter pick em out.

C

Jeep Horsepower

This is what these post always turn into. I have a friend who runs 235 75 R15 on a stock rim and has some rubbing issues. The direct question is regarding the two rims I mentioned. Obviously you feel either one will work. What I don't want to do is order them, pay the shipping and then have to pay shipping to send them back, which is why I tried to tap some knowledge off of this board. Just wanted some opinions on which one would "fit" the best in regards to rubbing and sticking past the flares. I thought "fit" was a general term in the 4x4 world (at least in my group) next time I'll be more specific. 4.5" is closer to a stock jeep (5"), just wanted some opions on which one would work better for my application, which is why they make both!

If I figured right the 7" with the 4.5 will put you where you are at now with the 8 's as far as the outside edge, but you will now be half inch further away from the frame which is good. Good luck

Back